Sunday, November 25, 2012

libgdx and iOS deployment quest - Part III

I discovered that my version of libgdx is a bit outdated and I needed to sync things up with the latest and greatest that includes ikvm support.  Since I'm trying to do everything on the MacBook Pro, that means I need hg-git support.  This allows you to deal with a git repo (which is how libgdx is version controlled) from the Mercurial tool.

On Windows, this is fairly easy.  Instructions are here.

On a Mac, it's also pretty easy.  If you followed the instructions for installing TortoiseHg from my earlier blogpost, you can simply open up a terminal and run this: "sudo easy_install hg-git".  From there you need to edit the .hgrc file:

[extensions]
hgext.bookmarks =
hggit =

Verify things work by entering "hg help hggit.

Hat tip to this site.

In other news, I was able to get both Outbreak: Zombie Slots and Toyland Slots running on the MacBook Pro.  It was scary easy.  libgdx is awesome!!!

Obligatory screenshot below:


No comments:

Post a Comment