Friday, July 22, 2011

Box2D game update

With a little luck, I'll be able to hit my game pretty hard over the next few days.  I've got it to the point where I've ported it to my HTC Incredible.  The INITIAL stages at any rate.  I need to figure out how I'm going to handle the controls and how to actually perform user interfacing. 

The first swag I made hasn't gone so well -- I wanted to implement left/right motion with the user touching the left hand side of the screen and a jump button on the right.  The touch areas I've defined don't really match up with what's going on.  I believe it has to do with how the touch is interpreted versus how the point is reported by libgdx.  I *think* I'll need to unproject the point based on the Orthographic Camera to get an accurate position.  Stay tuned.


In other news, this is a really good post on separating your logic from your rendering.  It's given me pause to determine what my 'native' screen size is going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment